The 2022 CFDA Awards are less than a week away — and now the annual event has found its celebrity host.
The awards, which honor the biggest personalities in the American fashion industry, have chosen actress Natasha Lyonne – of “Russian Doll” and “Orange is the New Black”, among others – as host of this ceremony. year. Taking place on November 7, the evening will feature a variety of stars including Law Roach, Patti Wilson, Lenny Kravitz and more being honored for their contributions to the fashion industry as a whole.
He is also notably the first event designer that Thom Browne will participate in for the CFDA after his announcement on October 11 as the organization’s new president, starting in 2023.
This year’s event also recognizes and rewards a range of designers across the categories of menswear, womenswear, accessories and emerging designers. brands in this year’s group of nominees include Amiri, Thom Browne, Bach Mai and Luar. They will be joined by a host of celebrity presenters for each trophy, including Bella Hadid, Bradley Cooper, Trevor Noah, Keke Palmer and Kerry Washington, as well as vogue editor Anna Wintour.
Below, check out the full list of nominees for this year’s CFDA Awards, which will take place in New York City on November 7.
American Womenswear Designer of the Year:
- Catherine Holstein (Khaite)
- Christopher John Rogers
- Gabrielle Hearst
- The Quan Smith
- Pierre Do
Nominees: American Menswear Designer of the Year
- Emily Bode Aujla (Bode)
- Jerry Lorenzo (Fear of God)
- Mike Amiri (Amiri)
- Thom Browne (Thom Browne New York)
- Willy Chavarria
Nominees: American Emerging Designer of the Year
- Bach Mai
- Carly Mark (Puppets and Puppets)
- Colm Dillane (Kid Super)
- Elena Velez
- Lauren Harwell Godfrey (Harwell Godfrey)
Nominees: American Accessories Designer of the Year
- Aurora James (Brother Vellies)
- Brandon Blackwood
- Raul Lopez (Luar)
- Stuart Vevers (coach)
- Telfar Clemens (Telfar)
The occasion also finds an array of established names in the industry winning awards for their various achievements, from style to design and fashion inspiration. Most notably, the late Virgil Abloh will receive the Board of Directors Award, while Kim Kardashian – along with Jens and Emma Grede – will receive the Innovation Award presented by Amazon Fashion for shapewear brand Skims.
- Board of Trustees Award — Virgil Abloh
- Fashion Icon — Lenny Kravitz
- Positive Social Influencer Award – Slaysians: Prabal Gurung, Laura Kim, Phillip Lim, Tina Leung and Ezra William
- Founder’s Award — Andrew Bolton
- Geoffrey Beene Lifetime Achievement Award – Laurie Lynn Stark and Richard Stark (Chrome Hearts)
- Media Award Honoring Eugenia Sheppard — Patti Wilson
- Stylist Award – Law Roach
- Environmental Sustainability Award — The United Nations
- Special Anniversary Award – Jeffrey Banks
- Innovation Award presented by Amazon Fashion – Skims (Kim Kardashian, Jens and Emma Grede)
The CFDA Awards honor the best designers and personalities in the American fashion industry. This year’s awards, being held in New York, will be hosted by Natasha Lyonne. In partnership with Amazon Fashion, the event will honor a series of individuals who are changing the fashion landscape today, including the late Virgil Abloh, Lenny Kravitz, Patti Wilson and Law Roach. The occasion also features a variety of star presenters, including Bella Hadid, Bradley Cooper, Keke Palmer and Amy Schumer.
PHOTOS: See all the star red carpet arrivals at the 2021 CFDA Awards.