Star Wars Celebration // MAY 28, 2022
Obi-Wan’s Lightsaber and more are on their way to Disney Parks and shopDisney.
Around your wallets, a perimeter is created. At the Disney Parks/shopDisney merchandise panel, moderated by Amy Ratcliffe, Brad Schoeneberg (VP, Brand Merchandising), Cody Hampton (Senior Director, Brand Merchandising), Amanda Luna (Brand Merchandising Manager), Elisa Melchiori (Head of Brand Merchandising) and John Henselmeier (Associate Head of Product Design) announced some exciting and upcoming new releases star wars goodies for the Disney Parks and the shopDisney online store. Here are five of our favorites.
1. “Your focus determines your reality.” Qui-Gon Jinn’s Lightsaber is finally coming to Disney Parks, featuring a rechargeable battery and soon to be available at Dok-Ondar’s Den of Antiquities. “We were really excited to work with the team to make sure those details were as accurate as possible,” Cody Hampton said.
Don’t be overshadowed by the revelation of the beloved Jedi Master’s lightsaber, Obi-Wan Kenobi’s lightsaber from the Disney+ limited series Obi Wan Kenobi will also be available on shopDisney at a later date. Other legacy lightsabers heading to Disney parks will be Plo Koon and Darth Sidious’ lightsaber.
You can vote for the next Legacy Lightsaber to be showcased at the Dok-Ondar Antiquities Lair, including those of our favorite Jedi Librarian Jocasta Nu, Quinlan Vos, Sifo-Dyas, and more.
2. Star Tours fans and collectors, there is some very good news. To celebrate Star Tours’ 35th anniversary, Disney Parks will have limited-edition apparel, collectible pins, and a limited-edition RX-24 “Captain REX” figure available for purchase at both parks. Longtime Star Tours fan and Associate Product Design Director of Lucasfilm, John Henselmeier designed the Star Tours 35th Anniversary logo with the number “35” embedded in the iconic triangle that shapes the traditional Star Tours brand. “It’s a celebration of both old and new Star Tours,” said John Henselmeier. “It certainly draws inspiration from the costumes of the original attraction’s cast members on both coasts, but it also ties into The Adventures Continues.”
3. Disney Parks will celebrate star wars the story. In honor of the 45th anniversary of Star Wars: A New Hope, Disney Parks will release products inspired by the storyboard art and concept art of Ralph McQuarrie. “It really ties into the concept and storyboard art of [A New Hope]“said Elisa Melchiori. The collection will include, for the first time ever, a set of two Hasbro Black Series Obi-wan Kenobi and Darth Vader action figures. It will soon be available on shopDisney and Disney Parks.
4. Star Wars: Edge of the Galaxy receives a dose of kindness. The Toydarian Toymaker and the Creature Stall will soon welcome new stuffed animals. star wars resistance fans will be able to catch their very own cute little gorg, who can open its mouth to reveal adorable yet deadly sharp teeth. “We also wanted to make sure we had something for everyone,” laughed Amanda Luna. “Whether you like cute, cuddly creatures or something with a little more teeth.” Each creature available at the Creature Stall also has hangtags that show how to care for them and where they come from! The cuddly therii from Amy Ratcliffe’s children’s book, Elee and Me, will also be available at Disney Parks at a later date!
5. “If there is a luminous center in the universe, you are on the planet from which it is farthest.” Journey to the lush sands of Tatooine this fall with the star wars Planet Series! This line will offer products from different planets; Tatooine is the first destination in the Planet series and will include plushies, clothes, pins, and a map of the desert world with locations to put those pins. “The collection will celebrate many of the planets around the galaxy,” Luna said. “The program is really rooted around apparel and accessories as well as plush and prints.”
Check out the gallery below for even more new products coming to Disney Parks and shopDisney.
Kristen Bates flies by the seat of her pants and does the best she can. Slow walker. Spends too much time on the Internet. Holder of a season ticket for the Boonta Eve Classic. Budding smuggler. Find her on the interwebs @kristenkbates.
Site tags: #StarWarsBlog, #SWCA22